Anna Lima-Ms. Lima assists both individuals and families in the areas of estate planning, guardianship and conservatorship, estate administration, and probate. Prior to starting her own law firm, she began her legal career in Chicago, Illinois after having attended law school in San Diego, California. A Minnesota native, Anna is happy to be back in the Twin Cities practicing law.
While in San Diego, Anna worked in the San Diego Family Court, California Attorney General’s Office, and San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Guardianship Legal Clinic. Through these experiences, Ms. Lima gained exposure to a broad range of practice areas. She also gained extensive training in client counseling and negotiation, and was recognized by professional panels for her achievement in these areas.
In Illinois, Anna worked for a Chicago area law firm representing both individuals and major financial institutions including Northern Trust Bank, JP Morgan Chase, and U.S. Bank, N.A. in the areas of guardianship for disabled adults and minors, trust and estate administration, probate, and real estate. Ms. Lima helped numerous clients with real estate transactions; administering estates and trusts; and guardianship issues for adults, minors, and disabled persons.
Upon returning to Minnesota, Anna continued her work helping individuals and families with estate planning and probate matters. She has assisted many clients in the creation of a proper estate plan through drafting wills, powers of attorney, and health care directives. In addition, Ms. Lima has taught local community education classes and frequently speaks at informational seminars on wills, trusts, planning for incapacity, how to choose a guardian for minor children, and probate. She has also worked on a contract basis on numerous large-scale litigation projects for several large law firms in both Illinois and Minnesota. Anna is also very active the local legal community and formerly served as the Continuing Legal Education Coordinator, Community Relations Chair, and Treasurer for a section of the Hennepin County Bar Association.
Ms. Lima also teaches as an Adjunct Faculty member at the University of St. Thomas School of Law in Minneapolis. Currently, she is teaching as a Faculty Mentor in the Mentor Externship program for the 2015-2016 academic year. In addition, she also works as a Career Strategist assisting new graduates with employment opportunities. She also serves as a mentor to law students.
Outside of work, Anna enjoys volunteering with numerous non-profit organizations, running, group fitness classes, trying new recipes in the kitchen, traveling, and cheering for her favorite sports teams which include the Minnesota Vikings and the Minnesota Twins. Ms. Lima is married and has two young daughters.
- State Bar of Minnesota
- State Bar of Illinois (Inactive)
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, B.A. in Political Science, Minors in Pre-law and Business Administration
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California, Juris Doctorate
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association Probate and Trust Law section, Member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association-New Lawyer’s Section, Past Continuing Legal Education Coordinator and Community Service Director
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Past Community Relations Committee
- Hennepin County Bar Association-New Lawyer’s Section, Past Treasurer
- America’s Future Foundation-Minneapolis chapter, Co-founder and former Board Member
- Interfaith Outreach and Community Partners, Co-Committee Chair of Girls, Glamour and Giving Gala 2016
- Our Lady of Grace School, Vacation Bible School volunteer
- Minnesota State Bar Association Wills for Heroes program
- University of St. Thomas School of Law negotiation program, Guest Coach
- University of St. Thomas Law School Mentor Program, Mentor to law students
- American Heart Association, volunteer for American Heart Gala